Thursday, April 15, 2010

Every day is Fathers day

When I lost my dad at 10, I was stripped of a normal childhood, and was catapulted into the world of adults. I lost my father all over again - my father of 10 years, a father who came into my life with a smile on his face - that reflected the tenderness on his face and the compassion in his eyes. Since I was a "to-be-shipped-to-US-instantaneously" bride, I didn't have the fortune of spending time with him to understand what revolved in his simple life. I did however have couple of occasions when he visited us, as several parents do when they are graduated to a role of doting grandparents. In those months, that we spent together I was amazed at this gentle soul. He would rarely talk, since he was suffering from acute hearing loss. But I had developed a "charades" way of communication, that could convey our affection for each other. He would be the first to spot the lines of migraine on my forehead, or to note my skipping a meal. Someone up there, taking pity on me had given me a father figure - but decided that 10 years of fatherly affection was enough. How can I explain to the guy pulling the shots that its never enough ?
Everyone says I should count my blessing, be happy for what I had - yes in a way it is true - atleast the longing I always had in my heart to be loved and cherished by a dad came through.

Adieu Appa - I hope you and my appaji get together, and continue to bless us.

No comments:

Post a Comment