Sunday, January 10, 2010

Belief ...

When I was a kid, it was so easy to believe in God and the general concept of good triumphing over evil. Choices were truly straightforward, and belief was taught by parents and accepted graciously by us children. I knew of only black and white,grey was not a shade in my dictionary. I am really saddened to realise that its not the case now. I often find myself questioning the existence of a supreme being ? I desparately want to believe that all our Gods are watching over us, that Ganesha - the elephant god and my childhood favorite is looking out for us, and will be with us in our good and bad times. But what I do with these infinite questions that run havoc in my mind ? I try my best to reason out all the unfortunate and disasterous events that happen to the most wonderful people, and draw a blank.What is the explanation for a catastrophe that claims so many lives ? One by nature can still be scientifically explained, but what about one that is caused by fellow humans ? When we say God lives in each of us, why is it that in reality Satan appears to live in most of us ?
Each of us find our answers via different mediums - some by meditation, some by introspection, and others by acceptance and strong faith. While I am struggling with my faith, I admire those who have their paths defined. My quest for finding these answers I am sure will continue, with the hope that I do not lose myself along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment